Saturday, August 27, 2011

Organizing Speedlite Gels

If you use gels on your speedlite(s) you have likely discovered that they can be hard to organize and it seems that the one you need is the one you can't find.  I have had this frustration once too many times so in 15 minutes I transformed by speedlite case for $3.00 into a simple holder for all my gels.

Supplies needed

  • Velcro
  • glue gun
  • scissors
I simply glued parallel strips of velcro inside my otter box and attached the gels to these strips of velcro.   My speedlite's  and the otter box have soft velcro on them and the gels have the hard velcro.  Simple and effective and best of all very inexpensive.

In this photo you can see the inside of my case with 4 speedlite's and accessories


In this photo you can see how when the foam liner from the lid is pulled down it exposes my gels


Strips of velcro glued to inside of lid


Gel attached to speedlite with velcro


If you have a different way to organize you gels I would love to hear about it in the comments section.

Happy speedliting!

No comments:

Post a Comment